As we know, in the 21st century is the age of the Internet, online shopping has become popular all over India and has become a big tool for business and the government organizations. It is easy now a day’s to hack or manipulate or tamper or to steal any digital information during internet transfer. So, it is advisable to get the Digital Signature Certificate before transferring information through the internet, for reliable and authenticate of digital transaction, where safety is a big issue and challenge, using a solution of the issue is a mechanism of a digital signature. In a digital signature, the information is converted in secret code language by using secrete key character, known as “private key” When a document is received it is in secret code and cannot be read without the help of that secrete key which is known as “public key”, so the document is not tampered, during transmission.
Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
When we sign the physical document on paper we signed it physically and by that way, we authenticate the document, same we can do, when we authenticate any document or declaration electronically by assigning it your Digital Signature Certificate(DCS). By this way, we can prove our identity or access service or authenticate something on the internet.
How to get a Digital Signature
you can get a digital signature in two ways
(1) One can Get Digital Signature Certificate Online= One can apply to Get a digital signature Certificate online by applying to A licensed Certifying Authority (CA) online by providing a PAN card information and Adhar card information and e-KYC Verification no physical Verification or presence is required other than a class 3 certificate. It is time-saving and faster than the Traditional Digital Signature certificate procedure
(2) One can Get Digital Signature Certificate Physically = One has to apply to the agent of Certifying Authority by filling the form and other manual processes is required.
Digital Signature certificate types and their use
In India, there are licensed Certifying Authority (CA) companies providing Digital Signature certificate services. It is majorly provided in three, a different type of category
(1) Class 1 certificate: this type of Digital Signature Certificate can only be used to sign documents. like Income Tax return, GST return, MCA filing Patent and trademark e-filing, etc. it is used in low-risk situations. Where the possibility of data theft in at a minimum risk. it can be procured by business personnel and private individuals.
(2) Class 2 certificate: this type of Digital Signature Certificate can be used for document encryption .to send or receive classified information ,it is mostly used for legal documentation, E-biding, E-tendering, E-procurement, , E-auction. it can be procured by business personnel and private individuals.
(3) Class 3 certificate: this type of Digital Signature Certificate is provided to individual personnel and organizations by the Controller of Certifying Authorities only on their physical appearance before authorities. This type of signature comes with the feature of USB E-token. Which are Used in instance level of international monetary transaction which includes a high level of fraud risk like for transaction in Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT), international funds transfer, etc
Use of Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
Digital Signature Certificate is used to access information or services or to prove one’s identity In India. it is becoming easy and cost-effective to get Digital signature Certificate online nowadays. As most of the government operation are becoming online nowadays it has become a need for individuals and businesses to get the Digital Signature Certificate. Digitally signed documents are acceptable as evidence, moreover in present days it is compulsory to get Digital Signature Certificate for various filing like Income Tax return, GST return, LLP registration, Patent and trademark e-filing, Customs E-filing, E-biding, E-tendering, E-procurement, E-auction, etc which is only accepted with the use of a Digital signature Certificate. currently, it is mandatory to get a digital signature Certificate for applying for government tenders and government bid.
Buying a digital signature certificate online
Buy digital signature certificate online gives you protection against fraud and secure your digital assets as it is based on cryptography technology. When you get Digital Signature Certificate online they are issued for 1 or 3 years. After their validity has expired, a digital signature Certificate are needed to be issued again. Digital Signatures Certificate is legally admissible as provided under the provisions of The Information Technologies Act, 2000.